Our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa is so delicious; you will fall in love. However, there is something else that will set your heart racing – our Sustainability Score! Printed on the product packaging, this score tells you the CO2 footprint, water consumption, and whether animals and the rainforest are being protected. The origin of the raw materials, production, packaging, transport – everything has been calculated and compared with 110,000 other food items. We indicate the results of this comparison in stars. With two stars or more, the product is already more sustainable than the average product in our comparison.
Why do we do all this? Transparency and environmental protection are very important to us: you get all the facts, and at the same time it’s an opportunity for us to make our products even more sustainable.
Loooove is everywheeeere! Oh yes, the Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa really does share the love – with you, with the climate, with the animals, and with the rainforest. Ultimately, our fruity organic chocolate not only contains ingredients that make it adorably delicious, but above all sustainable. As you can see, our vegan chocolate scores top marks in the climate, animal welfare, and rainforest categories. Lovely! Find out how we got these amazing results here:
According to Codecheck, milk chocolate is one of the most climate-damaging foods. As a comparison: milk chocolate has a CO2 emission of 288 g per bar (80 g). At the same weight, our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa has a CO2 footprint of just 127 g – less than half!
But why does “non-vegan” chocolate have such a negative carbon footprint? There are a few reasons: conventional milk chocolate is made from cow’s milk. Methane and nitrous oxide from livestock farming cause direct greenhouse gas emissions. Methane is a greenhouse gas that is created naturally in the body and produced by dairy cows – considering there are 4.3 million dairy cows in Germany, this adds up to a lot. Nitrous oxide is released mainly during fertilisation. Indirect emissions are caused due to the fact that more and more land is required for fodder cultivation. The majority of this fodder is grown in faraway countries, where forests and grassland are often cleared, or wetlands drained. This is really bad for the planet, as rainforests in particular are some of the largest CO2 reservoirs in the world. Transporting the fodder creates even more carbon dioxide. If you want to snack sustainably, our Coconut Fruity Quinoa is just the alternative for you.
Our melt-in-your-mouth organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa is made entirely from organic vegan ingredients. There’s a whole lot of animal love in our bar! Most conventional chocolate, however, has a high percentage of dairy milk.
Why is our purely plant-based organic chocolate the more animal-friendly alternative? For cows to even be able to produce milk, they have to regularly birth calves. The fact that a cow can produce milk continuously is a result of regular artificial insemination. After the calf is born, the mother and its baby are separated from one another. That is cruel for both animals. In addition, dairy cows spend their entire lives in unsuitable housing. These stresses cause trauma and harm the animals. In comparison, a free-range, healthy cow can live for up to 30 years, while a dairy cow has a life expectancy of just 5 years. That’s not fair! You’d rather go for our vegan organic chocolate, right?
It’s not at all uncommon for milk chocolate to contain palm oil. Not in our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa! We use a recipe free from palm oil. There is no soy, either. This way, we guarantee the utmost protection against deforestation and support the preservation of green forest areas.
Why is the rainforest so important? It’s our planet’s green lung, and it has an immense influence on our climate. Plants, bushes, and trees absorb CO2 from the air. They use the carbon in the air to grow. This creates oxygen. And who needs oxygen to survive? Correct, all living beings on our planet!
If we destroy our rainforests, large amounts of CO2 are released – which enhances the greenhouse effect and contributes to global warming. Rainforest protection means climate protection! That is why it is of great importance to all of us that tropical rainforests are preserved.
We had to experience first-hand how (chocolate) love can sometimes hurt. Unfortunately, the water consumption when making Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa is still a little too high. The plants containing our cocoa and coconut ingredients need precious water to grow. Plus, the water supply infrastructure in the growing regions is not yet sufficiently developed.
And what can we do now to stop this heartache? The answer could be to help directly at the source, or to purchase ingredients from another country. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done, and does not always happen overnight. However, we are tireless in our pursuit, bursting with energy, and always open to change. Because in the end, we only want one thing: to produce the best possible products for you and our environment.
Coconut sugar*, cocoa mass*, desiccated coconut* (14 %), cocoa butter*, coconut milk powder* (4,9 %) (coconut milk* (75 %), maltodextrin*), freeze-dried raspberries* (1,5 %), puffed quinoa* (1,5 %), ground vanilla*.
Chocolate contains: cocoa solids 48 % minimum.
*from organic agriculture
Have you ever asked yourself how one could develop such profound feelings for our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa? Here you go!
- Organic ingredients to fall in love with: The ingredients we use for our vegan bars come from controlled biological farming.
- Melt-in-your-mouth delicious: Cocoa mass and coconut milk powder ensure an unbelievable melting texture – similar to (or even tastier than) milk chocolate.
- Hit by Cupid’s chocolate arrow! Our bars have a cocoa content of at least 48%.
- “I love you berry much!” said the cocoa-rich bar before hugging the dried raspberries. These are what give our organic chocolate that fruity something. Berry lovely!
- So crunchy! So vanilla! Thanks to their delicious quinoa puffs, our vegan chocolate bars can also show off their crispy side. The ground vanilla beans live up to their name, giving the chocolate an additional fine note.
- Sweet dreams are made of this: We only use cocoa blossom sugar instead of artificial sweeteners.
- Artificial bells and whistles?! Not in our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa! You’ll find neither artificial additives nor emulsifiers in this bar.
We use these materials in this product.
The way to one’s heart is through the stomach, right? Right! In our Organic Veganz Coconut Fruity Quinoa, love also exists in the form of sustainable packaging! Our fine achievement is wrapped in an eco-friendly pack.
- Natureflex film: The organic chocolate is first wrapped in a NatureFlex film, a special film made from sustainably sourced wood fibre. It can be composted and will decompose within 50 days. If you don’t have a compost heap, you can put it with your recycling waste!
- Paper wrapper: Once the film is on, a paper wrapper is placed around the bar. This wrapper is FSC-certified and printed with mineral oil-free ink. Does all this seem a bit unusual to you? That may be! But don’t worry, the packaging offers great protection, to keep the bar crispy, crunchy, and delicious.
We are quite proud of this packaging, because unlike the rest of the market, we use a compostable, plastic-free film.
Even more sweets from Veganz
Can’t get enough of vegan sweets? Excellent! Because you have come to the right place. Look on the bright side of your chocolate-life with our tablets and bars, try our fibre-rich hemp bars, or go for a bag of gummy bears for a change. Trust us – there’s something here for everyone!